Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

cruise control shutting down on it's own!

870 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  vegas2000e320 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 E320 with 110,000 miles, I don't recall if this problem started after I changed tire size or not. I got tires and rims from a SL55 now ,
cruise works 50% of the time...sometimes stays on for hour and sometimes 10 seconds, it engages but it shuts off on its own.
Any ideas on what the cause would be ... no malfunctions ?
my front tires are 2335/40/18 and rear are 285/35/18

#3 ·
Most Certainly related to your "Non-Standard" Tire arrangement.

Remember, if there is any discrepency in the Outer Diameter of the Tire (whether it be from Low Tire Pressure, or Front/Rear Asymmetric Tire set-up), there will be a Slight difference in the various Tire Rotational Speeds.... since there are all kinds of Electronic Gizmos on these cars, this Differential Rotational Speed will be seen in the Stability Computer as a "OOOhhh No Mr. Bill... the Tires are Losing Traction/Skidding, etc".

In such a case, the Cruise Control will immediately be Disengaged/Disabled.

#7 ·
When I was told the other posting was in AMG , I posted in the correct forum...sorry
can the other be deleted or canceled?

I have a set of 255/40/18's that were the fronts tires on SL55 , will that work ? what is the diameter and circumference ?

thanks
and my appologies if double posting has cause a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.