Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New pioneer 8400bh double din radio!

14K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Daniel Dror 
#1 · (Edited)
Many thanks to all that came before me. I did alot of reading on the double din install. I can't say thanks enough. The install wasnt bad at all.

Avh-P8400: $440 (amazon points) lol
Reinforcement: $47
command wood trim: $50 (ebay 2 years ago)
double din radio metal bracket: $50

Now i just need to clean everything up. I love the radio has to many features. I can control my iphone gps through the radio.

Thanks for all the info from the site.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Purdy...I've been wanting to do this, but I haven't been able to find a double DIN bezel...Haven't looked that hard either.

Did you run that unit though the factory amp? How does it sound?

#8 ·
Very nice install! I have everything in hand to install an Alpine double din nav unit with back up camera and, like Raymond, I'm struggling to find the time to get to it. Couple of questions: Regarding the depth of the unit in the dash cage, did you go flush with mounting sleeve or does it stand out some from flush so that the radio and trim piece fit so nicely in your install? Also did you screw the unit to the cage or just use the spring fit tabs to hold it to the cage? In an out of the box dry fit my Alpine trim ring appears to be a good fit in the wood trim bezel in terms of width but there is a gap on the vertical fit. I ordered some 12" x 24" sheets of ABS from Parts Express in three different thickness so that I can modify the trim ring to fill gaps if needed. Yours really looks great.

Thanks!

#9 ·
Hi , I recently acquired W210 E320 2001 , I searched a lot for a new touch screen like this , I couldn't decide cause I don't know if it's comparable with steering control system and if it will fit !!!
so I found this topic , it's an amazing result , could you please give us details how to do it ? where to but it and any additional requirements ..

#10 ·
I'm going to be doing this conversion this weekend so I'll help you out. Unless you already have a Command unit you are going to need:

The Burl wood trim panel - Part # 2106802336, this is the brown wood trim you commonly see.

Part # 2106809136 is for the darker "black" finished wood, 2106809736 is "curled maple" which I believe is a lighter finish.
2106802336 is no longer available from Mercedes. It is out of production and out of stock. 2106809136 appears to be in the same boat. Don't know about the last one.
Because this part is only available from the secondary market expect to pay for it, $400 or more. If you can find it in a local junk yard or from a breaker you might be able to get it cheaper. Occasionally they will pop up European breakers sites and can be had for $120-$150.
I have an extra one available in the darker finish.

The double-DIN reinforcement structure behind the wood panel - Part # 2106890916. This part is still available from Mercedes and is less than $40.

If you find the wood covering it may have more buttons than your vehicle so you will need blank switch covers, part # 2026831310.

That is all you need of the Mercedes parts. Everything else is dependent on the aftermarket head unit and whether you have a Bose system.

You may have already moved on from this but it may help someone else.

#12 ·
Nice install. I want to do this on my Benz. My model has the original double DIN system. Though no BOSE.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/s...3ZXQ2umuTqAS8e9zVzXIZX0zlwQRKFOA=w640-h480-no

I want to put in the Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH-DA120

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SPH-...id=1484900762&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+carplay

Some questions:

What is the best wiring adaptor for the Mercedes?

Since I already have the double DIN bezel do I need the Mercedes Benz reinforcement kit: 210-689-09-16-MBZ

Is this eBay Pioneer mounting kit necessary:

PIONEER ADT-VA133 DOUBLE DIN INSTALLATION KIT FOR COMPATIBLE PIONEER RECEIVERS | eBay

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.