Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

w210 E320 2002 key turns but wont start

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Graplr 
#1 ·
Hi,apologies in advance if i have posted to the wrong place.ok,i have a 2002 E320cdi elegance w210.the problem began last week when the key would not turn in lock,intermittent at first,but after cleaning lens and inside ignition seems to be fine now,however another problem has arisen.When i insert the key fob into the ignition,all the normal proceedures occur,lights on,noise from solenoids etc,but on last turn (start mode) nothing! The shift lever is in park but can be moved freely with ignition on,the battery is new,so im at a loss as to what it could be.I have read on here that the brake light switch is responsible for all sorts of starting problems,do you think this could be my problem? I have carried out the infrared camera test and the fob red light is coming on as it should,any advise would be totally appreciated,thanks in advance,regards to all,Adey Payne.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.