Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Engine Mounts W210

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ssc1 
#1 ·
Really having bad luck with my car, changed the engine mounts on the weekend however went to torque the lower blots 40nm the left side went ok, the right side kept spinning.. now I don't know if the bolt treads are gone cause I can't even undo the bolt it just spins, I undid the top bolt raised the car but couldn't get the lower bolt off it just spins.... any ideas would be much appericated.... :crybaby2:

#4 ·
Yup, that's pretty much what I had to do, but in my case it wasn't a thread issue. The bolt actually pushed out of the splines hole, allowing it to spin. So, I shoved a pry bar in there and held the bolt from turning.

#7 ·
Got the bolt out this weekend, thank you all for taking the time to replying with great suggestions.
FYI had to jack the engine up then use a pry bar wedged between the chassis and mount using loads of force, then undid the bolt, the press fit nut in the mount was spinning about, probably a spot weld would have fixed it, albeit ordered a new one from ECP with 31% disc promo offer , Q-Drive make £26.00.

Thank you all once again!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.