Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

"cluster always on" problem

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  morre 
#1 ·
a little problem with 01 e320. cluster/dash doesn't go to sleep when you remove a key and lock the car. its stays on forever and ever and kills battery. 3 lcd screens not a backlight of dash.
have anybody seen such a problem before??
btw no codes in memory of cluster.
there are any kind of control module (like EIS,AAM,EAM) which tells cluster when to go to sleep or cluster does it on its own??
one more thing probably not related, RF function of key doesn't work to open or close vehicle only IR works. and i have only one key.
car was purchased with such a problems.

#6 ·
update.
bba couldn't find anything wrong with cluster, but they decided to fix bad pixels without my permission, sametime managed do break something inside of the cluster so some of the warning lights didnt work and 3 little buttons on left side "'+" "-" and "reset".
Then i installed used cluster from junk yard which solved my problem. i god refund from bba after i provided invoice for used cluster. total cost 100$ for used cluster 20$ for shipping to bba and back. but now i have twice more miles than before)))) and bad cluster with good lcd screens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.