Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Replace the regular seats with the heated ones.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Check Codes 
#1 ·
I have a 97' Mercedes E300, great car have no problems with it except for the fact that doesn't have the heated seats and I live in Wyoming where the winters are really cold. Do you guys know if I can purchase some heated seats from an 96-99 Mercedes e class and replace them? How hard is it to do it?

#2 ·
I'd recomend you purchase an aftermarket heated seat kit, or have an shop install an aftermarket one. They will work as well or better than the factory heated seats and be much less expensive.

Factory heated seats have the heating element (fine wires) sewn into the cover, so they are VERY expensive, and are also prone to breaking. There is a very good chance that any used seats will have one or more sections of the heating element broken. And, if you did find a working set, you'd have to also have the electronic modules for it and possibly need to have the cpu programed to activate it.

#3 ·
Plus one to everything e-420 said.

Heatedseatkits.com has full kits with all of the wiring and the switches, and they are the carbon mesh, so it can't fail like the stock ones do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.