Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ABS/ESP/BAS help ????

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  5-Salt 
#1 ·
hello guys,
i've asked this question on many forums
finally alot of answered were provided .... i did all the replacements i was told to do ... and finally none worked and the abs/esp/bas light is still shown on the dashboard

actually this problem shows at least once a week

i have noticed that when there is a traffic jam .... the lights are usually to show on

now when such problem occurs i usually turn off the car .... leave it for the second day and turn it on again and go ... but sometimes this method doesnt work !!!!

i was told to replace the sensor esp/bas/abs
but it costs about 600 USD in my country !!!!
i was to replace the battery ... still showing

i will go crazy !!!!

what shall i do please ?????
what should i replace ???

oh by the way the ESP sensor is the one placed under the back seat .. near the battery but on the other side ....

my E is the w210 year 2000 !!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard. Please click user cp and edit details to add your VEHICLE and LOCATION to your profile, it's useful information.

Exactly what have you done to try and remedy this issue? You say you did "all the replacements" but what exactly does that include?

Coming here after visiting lots of other sites, it's probably helpful to back up and add all of the details. Otherwise we'll waste a lot of time suggesting and asking stuff that has probably already been addressed.

I will say that before I spent $600 on another guess I'd take it to the dealer and let them scan it. If they say to replace the module, let them, with the proviso that if it doesn't fix it, you don't pay.

Good luck.

#3 ·
hello
i will change my user cp right now

i ment by al replacements the brake system .. disks and these stuff
also i replaced the "thing that is responsible for the oil of the steering wheel" i cant remember its name
the one that is between the wheels and contains oil ....steering oil or smthn

all these replacements where suggested by other forums ... also i took this car to 2 dealers .... one said that i need to replace the battery ....
the other said that i need to replace the wheel ... and i did .... still

any ideas ... before replacing the esp sensor ...
!!!

#4 ·
Thanks for all the extra detail, that helps.

The first thing I would have changed is the brake light switch, though I do not see that on your list. It's pretty inexpensive (about US$25) and simple to change. Purchase it from the dealer as the aftermarket ones can be flaky.

That's cheaper than any other alternative, including paying for the diagnostic scan at the dealer, and it's the first thought of most of us when presented with the symptoms you describe.

Good luck.

#5 ·
ok
thank you greg210

tmrw morning i'll go to replace the switch hoping that it might work ..
anyways
i have the clk500 ... and the SL55

but this e320 although it is too old but it is one of my best cars .... i just love it ... emotional character

i met my first love in it ....
w i traveled alot of countries in it ....

best car ever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.