Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

w210 trunk problem will not respond !!!

8K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  fabbrisd1 
#1 ·
hey guys long story short i was using my 01 e-430 to boost my bike and i think i might have blown a fuse because after i was done the trunk will not open from the inside switch or the remote switch iam sure it's not stuck or anything and it doesn't seem like the motor is responding at all because i hear no noise what so ever. so i am sure it's not getting any power would someone be able to send me a pic or some info on where the fuse for the trunk motor would be ? i tried using the key from the remote but it doesn't seem like it was every used to open the trunk because i tried putting it in and it will not go in all the way and does not turn it just goes in and that's it. thanks in advance

#2 ·
The only "trunk motor" is the PSE pump (pressure and vacuum) wrapped in foam beneath the rear seat. If your door locks and fuel filler door work you might have a loose (or leaking) tube going to the trunk latch. It is not unusual that your metal key doesn't work in the mechanical lock because they freeze up from lack of use. It probably just needs a shot of good lubricant, then keep trying to turn the key.

#5 ·
yes that's the same problem with me, and i have a $3000 stereo in that trunk i would like to get out because iam selling the car. so i would need to get it open. I was boosting my bike and accidently put the negative cable to the positve terminal on the car from the other battery and it was every since then the trunk has not been responding wich is why i thought it might be a blown fuse somewhere ?

#8 ·
Some free up easy, but some take a lot more effort.

On the tough ones even with a good cleaner or a good penetrating lubricant, often it will take repeated application and repeated tries and reapplication over several hours, or even overnite, to get some trunk locks freed up.

I use a firearm spray cleaner/lubricant like Break Free (don't use a gun bore solvent), available at sports and hunting stores, but even with that some tough locks still take repeated application over time - be patient if you have a tough one, and don't frack up your key.

Don't BEND or BREAK OFF the metal key - too much force will do that. Reapply the cleaner/lubricant, give it some time like 30 minutes to work in, then try again. On tough locks it gives just very little each time until ultimately you will get there..

Keep the faith !

#9 ·
On tough locks it gives just very little each time until ultimately you will get there..

Keep the faith !
What is your definition of "little".
2 years ago when I tried to use blade key on the beach, it would not even go in more than 1/3 in. With multi spray and exercise I got it to go in all the way, but still would not turn. Repeated a year later not going much farther. Maybe I try today

#10 ·
BreakFree, and a large can of air, apply the spray cleaner, "push" the cleaner in with ta shot of air, spray more cleaner...let it sit, work a bit with the key (strong repeitition and not brute strength).. 2-3-4 times a day a few hours apart if necessary...sometimes take 3-4 days.. it's corrosion in there that needs to be worked thru..

It helps if on the 2nd/3rd day you feel like giving up - the car senses it's about to get a kick in the ass !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.