Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Is this the window regulator to get?

912 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  pvel 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Personally I'd just effect the repair with a new slide as covered in the stickies. Not much more work and as cheap as it gets.

But if I were doing the whole regulator I don't think the brand much matters. Seems the cheapy from ebay is as good as the others from more reliable suppliers.

Good luck.

#4 ·
The cord (steel cable) might be twisted, but being high quality cable usually can be straighten up.
The ebay listing says "manufacturer warranty" but doesn't say what is it. As usual buyer beware.
So far we know that OEM regulators regularly break the plastic sliders, while the green replacement sliders from autohusaz don't have any reported failure to the data.
If you want to test the ebay regulator for others, I am all for it. ;)

#8 · (Edited)
Yes that appears to be the correct regulator for the left rear window. I replaced my second of the original rear regulators on my '97 E 300 D last week. I agree that for some $30+ it is easier to just replace the whole regulator. The cables are so screwed up after my wife convinces herself that the window is really broken, that getting them rewound on the spool seems impossible. I used 3/16" aluminum rivets. Both regulators differed from the original in that there was only two attachments for the motor instead of the original three. They still seem to work fine. I have replaced both regulators, the brake light switch, fixed both side mirrors, and replaced the glow plugs. Now maybe the car will become more reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.