Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

M.E Version code erased !!!

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Check Codes 
#1 ·
So this is part 3 of my saga .. ESP lights fixed ---- AC fixed....:)

now a coil went on #6 cyl replaced it and they turned the check engine light off.

However it was one of the younger guys that was erasing the codes.. and he erased the ME Version Code rather than the fault code.:crybaby2:

the SDS screen went black and I knew there was a challenge.

drove the car home and the next morning while cold start up --- 1800 rpm and had to really stomp on the brakes to get out the garage without taking out the garage door.... when warm 900 rpm in Drive.

normally it is suoer qwiet and idle is 500.

tried to recode today but didnt take ..... there is a setting " set code using factory data"

Anyone know where and what the data is??? :surrender:

thanks guys

See less See more
#6 ·
Sounds like your independent shop is leaving you out hanging to dry - it's their issue to solve. Kindof wierd, I suspect there is a bit longer story from their perspective on how the problem occurred or how they propose to solve it.

Worst case, they can have the local dealer, with w genuine SDS. do the restore at the indie's expense.

#7 · (Edited)
Boy has someone been feeding you a load of HS. You aren't in Seattle are you!!

I/we use the Xentry DAS daily and our shop pit bull steps on the key board and he couldn't screw it up-----it PROMPTS you------ARE YOU SURE bla bla.

The data you are looking for is in the appropriate control module menu.

When he is finished with your car-----call the better business bureau

#10 ·
Sorry to cause an uproar guys -- the repairer called me today said to take it to shop tomorrow to repair.

I think what happened was the younger apprentice guy was trying to erase the check engine light and went into erase the codes and erased the version code .

anyway will give you an update tomorrow once fixed... finges crossed ... he has acknowledged his fault and will repair even it has to get a new ME.

but if we just get the version code accepted we are good.

#11 ·
No worries, 007, that stuff long predates you. Sorry for the digression.

Good to hear they are standing behind their error and are willing to do what it takes to get things fixed. Hopefully it won't be too costly a lesson for them, and glad it's not a cost for you. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.