Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Ash Tray light bulb replacement

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wlb50 
#1 ·
i need help in replacing the ash tray light bulb. I have searched the forum, have seen comments about bulb replacement, however have not seen how to replace the bulb. Thanks in advance.

2002E320

#2 ·
I'll resurrect this thread rather than start a new one (do I get positive points for this Tony/Redliner/ :) ) - anyway I ran into an interesting situation last night. I am "assuming" the little ring around the lighter receptacle should be illuminated (eg, did Daimler expect people at night to be using their lighter/GMP/whatever to be poking around trying to ....

I pull out the ash tray and sure enough there is a small bulb there - looks like either with a pair or tweezers or an official tool at $299.00 you could pull it out -

I go to the dealer and he is saying the bulb isn't available!

Which, I think, for a company that prides itself in keeping older MBs on the road - this is very un-Mercedes like.

So when I have time I will go to an auto-radio repair shop I used with success - see if they have a match.

It is important to use the same wattage or less so you don't melt the surrounding plastic (as I did with some turn signal indicator bulbs in my W124 instrument panel).

Unless someone can tell me where to get this bulb and short-circuit my whole quest :)

#3 ·
I think I ordered it from autohausaz.com, let me check on the P/N and I'll post back.

Your dealer is full of it, too.

Which part of Cali? In most places you have your choice of dealers who will mistreat you. ;)

#5 ·
Thanks! I neglected to check in my search - if this pertained to an R129 (the searches **should** restrict the search to the forum the user is in or give the option) - but I will check my bulb and see if this looks similar.

On the dealer their computer showed no bulb and about 10 different lighters depending on the VIN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.