OM606 electronic injection pump - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 05:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 1996 210.020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhby@qis.net View Post
All I know is that I get a P0100 fault(OBDII), MAF malfunction. I do not have any loss of power. The other interesting thing is that my work shop manual came and I am hard pressed to find anything in detail about the ECU and MAF!
Advice appreciated
I don't have a turbo engine, so I'm just going on what I have read (mostly here).

Do you have the MIL lit? Or is that a pending code?

As an unrelated question, what manual did you find?
Matt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: W210 1998 300TD, S124 1996 300TD (restoration)
Thanks for that Matt
spock505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 1999 E300 Turbodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
I don't have a turbo engine, so I'm just going on what I have read (mostly here).

Do you have the MIL lit? Or is that a pending code?

As an unrelated question, what manual did you find?
Good morning,

Nope not pending, a hard fault. I recently disconected the MAF, cleared the P0100 and the check engine light did not return. Reconnected the MAF and P0100 returned.

My manual is two older MB workshop discs covering many more models than I require. I picked it up on the internet. There is an info, documentation and troubleshooting sequence. It all helps, but I am waiting for the MB dics to return for my car. MB wants 150 bucks, but no stock. Oh well
jhby@qis.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhby@qis.net View Post
Good morning,

Nope not pending, a hard fault. I recently disconected the MAF, cleared the P0100 and the check engine light did not return. Reconnected the MAF and P0100 returned.p
I agree with you that this is odd, and I have no explanation. But I've seen oddities in my own car -- for example, if I disconnect the battery for an entire week, only the radio code must be set. The windows, seats and IR remote retain their sync. The owner's manual says otherwise.

Quote:
My manual is two older MB workshop discs covering many more models than I require. I picked it up on the internet. There is an info, documentation and troubleshooting sequence. It all helps, but I am waiting for the MB dics to return for my car. MB wants 150 bucks, but no stock. Oh well
You got WIS. That does have the information, but it's like an old IBM manual - it's in there, but can anyone find it?

I have a copy of the M-B DVD for the 210. While only covering one platform, it is much easier to navigate than WIS. But it is out of print, and I'm not selling mine. It's also copy-protected so I can't even make a backup. In addition, it does not cover my transmission (722.4 in a '96). It does cover the 722.6 transmission.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W210 E300DT x2/w211wagon4M / Ford SD. Seeking diesel pushmower
I had complete MAF failure on diesel VW and on each restart it would hesitate for few seconds and than the computer put the system in what I call "safe mode".
Per my feeling the engine was operating fully mechanically still giving me about 90% of normal power with CEL on.
If the code comes with just plugging MAF back and not driving for some distance -I would suspect the trouble is the connection. To my knowledge those cars have no way to test MAF itself.
Kajtek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 1999 E300 Turbodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
I agree with you that this is odd, and I have no explanation. But I've seen oddities in my own car -- for example, if I disconnect the battery for an entire week, only the radio code must be set. The windows, seats and IR remote retain their sync. The owner's manual says otherwise.

You got WIS. That does have the information, but it's like an old IBM manual - it's in there, but can anyone find it?

I have a copy of the M-B DVD for the 210. While only covering one platform, it is much easier to navigate than WIS. But it is out of print, and I'm not selling mine. It's also copy-protected so I can't even make a backup. In addition, it does not cover my transmission (722.4 in a '96). It does cover the 722.6 transmission.
Good afternoon,

Well I am going to replace the MAF----What the hell.

Yep I have WIS and you are correct do you have to dig and dig a big pain in the ass

Please don't be offended with what I am going to say, but I have to ask. What would you charge me to let me borrow your 210 disc as I have the 722.6 trany. I place the material on my computer and return the disk to you. I live at 919 Sago Palm Way, Apollo Beach, Florida 33572 Tel 4105962488. Thanks for a response. Jack Bayer
jhby@qis.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

You should have all of it.

Find the 6-digit chassis code in the "Infobox" and select your transmission in the middle panel. Then choose "Documentation."

Scroll down too "27 - Automatic Transmission" and choose the overall selection. Highlight everything in the right panel and hit "Search." Lots of stuff for the 722.6 there.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class