Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

cigarette lighter

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mistertonyn 
#1 ·
Hi, i was curious if the ring around cigarette lighter housing lights up. Ever since i have owned the car there has been no light. Just curious if there is a bulb that could be replaced there.

For a while now i have been using the 12v cigarette lighter to power my gps. Recently it seems like inside the housing there is a lot of vibration when i drive and i can hear the noise when im going over certain roads.Something sounds loose. Like a buzzing sound.
Any idea how to access the whole area, and see if there is a light there?

Thank you.

#2 ·
Sir nsupra,

If you can see this link in youtube, this might help:

The fuse could be out, aside from a bad bulb. Although in my case the connector plug was disconnected by whoever last worked on the car and didn't reconnect it.

#3 ·
The bulb is really easy to replace. 10 minutes top! Like the video that was posted, pull the center out, unscrew the ashtray unit and like that you are at the bulb.

The nice thing is you will be able to check to see what else might be moving around and clean back there.

Good luck with the project, it is really very easy. Just go slow so you do not break anything (like the tabs on your expensive piece of wood that holds your window buttons)!!! :thumbsup:

LotusX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.