Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Halo Projector Headlights

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  The Sting 
#1 ·
Anybody uses a Halo Projector Headlights on their W210? If so, what do you think of this one?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Waste of

money and time.
Crap beam pattern.
You would not be a happy camper:eek:

#4 ·
Sadly the only way to beat OEM is to build some projector units, I think it's discussed in the stickies.

You could also shop around for OEM Xenons.

Which is sad, I do like the halo look, but I don't want to invest 15% of my car's value in building good headlights. So with polished lenses and 65W rally bulbs through Daniel Stern, I'm more than satisfied. :thumbsup:

#6 · (Edited)
I don't want to invest 15% of my car's value in building good headlights. So with polished lenses and 65W rally bulbs through Daniel Stern, I'm more than satisfied. :thumbsup:
Greg, where did you get those bulbs? I need to upgrage my low and high beam oem H7's, they suck. let me know.-Stephen

also, to the OP, those fleabay lights are well know to be junk.

#5 ·
gregs210, you mentioned polished lenses. Have you coated headlights after polishing? I concern that lenses will be yellowed pretty soon after polishing. One my neighbor polished lenses on his Audi A6 some while ago. Right now these headlights are yellowed and look worth then they were before.

#7 ·
#9 ·
I ordered got the 65 watt H7's, 4 of them for my high's and lows, and even added the H1 yellow fogs.
I 2nd' gregs comment, very happy. Its like I have flood lights outside the front of my car. haha.
Halo's look cool, but at the end of the day seeing at night is more worthwhile.

#11 ·
^^^ If you want to see pics, head over to the 208 forum, I think it might even be a sticky. Since the front ends are soooo similar you can get a good idea of what they look like.

#14 ·
I"m sorry to be confusing, if you read the thread you'll see what greg was talking about. I did what greg said. Kept the OEM Hella lights and just put in bada$$ bulbs H7 and H1's. I don't think the halo's or the projectors, for that matter, look right on a w210. just my opinion.

#17 ·
NO BMW "BLING-BLING" ALLOWED !!!

Please do not disgrace the dignity of your Mercedes by putting on BMW "Bling" !!!

By doing so, it will shout " I drive a BMW and I'm better than you, so get out of my way!"

Keep it respectfully all Mercedes... using Greg's light bulbs will make a big difference as Mercedes style is all about form and function, not cosmetic bling!

:)

#18 ·
Have to say I think look pretty nice.
My situation is that I've recently landed in Europe with a right hooker, If I want to registrar the vehicle in Austria I'll have to change the lights. I'm thinking that the projectors are a good - cost effective alternative to trying to track down a LHD set of lamps from the junkyard.
The only thing concerning me is if the non-OEM beam pattern of the projectors will pass the vehicle test (Pickle), does the beam angle produced fall within OEMspec, will it pass?
Any feedback appreciated.
And prehaps someone would know the whereabouts of a pair?
Purists may not agree.

Unimog

#19 ·
Like I said I got mine off of Ebay and picked them up locally, same for the HID's that I put in. The beam pattern is very good (I will try to get some pics tonight) and I personally love them. I got 35W HID's from someone local for $70 that includes LIFETIME warranty on the bulbs and ballasts- if I step on the bulbs, drop the ballast in water, or just feel like getting new ones he replaces them for no charge.

Here's a similar projector headlight
96 97 98 99 BENZ E CLASS W210 PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS :eBay Motors (item 140356327410 end time Nov-29-09 15:39:56 PST)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.