Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E240 Misfire - Help Needed

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  hamza younis 
#1 ·
Can anyone help with this one please?

I have a 2000 E240 which generally drives OK, however when driving at motorway speeds or after hard acceleration when I come into traffic or slow down to leave motorway engine starts to misfire and little or almost no power is available. If the engine is then stopped and restarted everything is OK again.

Have replaced plugs and leads and MAF sensor, also CPS replaced about a year ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

#4 ·
MAF should be genuine bosch sensor. Should not be related to plug/wire as true misfiring will trigger codes. CPS less likely.

Likely suspects are still MAF (if not Bosch), fuel pump/filter, and K40 relay. What do you think?

#6 ·
What's the mileage? 100k miles should have O2 sensors replaced as well, which would affect fuel distribution too.

Please also update your vehicle and location.

#8 ·
Hey,Tony. Welcome aboard. Please click the user cp link and add your vehicle and location info to your profile, it's often useful.

If you haven't done the fuel filter before, start there, not too tough and DIY in the stickies.

There have been very few K40 problems on the 210, particularly the later years. The fact that this only happens on hard acceleration suggests at least to me that it's probably not the K40 relay.

However, at that age/mileage check the breather covers for seepage and the breather hoses and vacuum hoses for any cracks, breaks or brittleness; fix any you find. Don't forget the vacuum diaphragm on the EGR valve and the check valve on it if so equipped.

The "fix on restart" means that misfires were bad enough that the ECU shut down the cylinder, the restart resets them.

#11 ·
please help no one could really know what is the problem ! heelp

have a 2001 E240 which generally drives OK, however when driving at motorway speeds or after hard acceleration when I come into traffic or slow down to leave motorway engine starts to misfire and little or almost no power is available. If the engine is then stopped and restarted everything is OK again.

tried to remove exauset and it gave me same code problem
it shows misfiring of cylinder 6 and also left o2 sensor before twc !
HOW CAN I FIX THIS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.