Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Radiator Problem, please help

748 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  e-420 
#1 ·
I have a 97 E420 and I have a coolant leak coming from the driver side edge of the radiator, about halfway down, looks like right above the hose. I'm thinking it's the radiator, because I don't see anything leaking from the hoses. I've looked around and can't find a DIY on radiator replacement. Does anyone have one? Or can you point me to where I'm missing it? Also, is there anything else I should replace while I have it off? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
i just replaced mine yesterday,i went ahead and replaced the belt and upper and lower radiator hose while i had mine off.
i couldnt find a link to the replacement either but it wasnt too bad,
remove hoses,fan guard,lower oil lines etc...
Dean

#3 ·
double check the upper radiator hose for a leak. It can be hard to detect, but is a fairly common problem. Lot's cheaper fix than a new radiator! put a paper towel around the hose and see if there is any moisture on it. You probably won't "see" the leak around the hose, just the evidence on a paper towel. From there it will drip down on the radiator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.