Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A/C Blower Regulator or needs a charge?

685 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  gabemage 
#1 ·
So my A/C has been blowing really really weak, both hot air and cold. Did some research in the forums and found my symptoms were related to two things: blower regulator and / or coolant charge.

I've checked the in-dash climate control diagnostic and it looks like the blower regulator has the right voltage (sensor #10 in diagnostic mode, goes from .8 up to 6 when I change the fan speed and back down) but it makes a high pitched whine as I increase the fan speed and only barely blows any more or less. Pulled the regulator and it looks like an original part (the french one), but no codes so I'm not sure if this is the problem.

I hear a slight hissing sound from the front center air vents and I've heard that this can be an indicator of low coolant charge.

Right now I can afford to recharge the coolant or buy a new regulator but I'll have to wait for whichever one I don't do. Anyone have any ideas as to which one of these guys might be the culprit?

Thanks!

gabemage
1998 E320
Black on Black

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.