Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E320 Oil Leak

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gator 
#1 ·
Hey All,
I was on vacation this past weekend and drove to North Carolina, I stopped at the rest area and noticed smoke coming from the passanger side of the car. I looked under there to find the underside of the car was wet with oil,
I checked the oil to find that it was still full. I made it back home and went directly to the local service center and the mechanic could not see where the leak is coming from. I had the oil changed before I went on vacation and there is no visable leaks from the topside of the engine. The nearest MB dealer is 60 miles away and do not want to chance it that distance. I noticed that the oil in leaking on the exhaust under the passanger side of the car. Have no idea as to where it could be coming from, as I am not a mechanic, but I do perform minor maintenance myself. I would appreciate any feedback as to the possible causes and where to begin. Thanks inadvance for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.