Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

WHO WOODA THUNK!!!!

934 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ETP 
#1 ·
98 320 with 90K.
Developed a rough idle when in gear. Changed plugs, motor mounts. Ran diagostic on eectrical system. No problems or codes. Also developed small oil leak that I could not locate. Took into a local indie shop AUTO ASSETS Powell Ohio. They diagnosed a broken left front spring perch. WELL had it fixed and guess what????? no more rough idle. NO WAY!!!!! oh well its fixed.

#3 ·
NO KIDDING!!!:eek:

#5 ·
I'm with you, ETP. That's certainly the oddest thing I've heard related to a vibration at idle. Weirder still is that it apparently hadn't flopped off and dropped the corner.

Glad you got it fixed, though.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#7 ·
maybe it was just the particular way his broke or that it didnt break completely I'd imagine if he didnt lose that side's spring

#8 ·
Actually the indie shop RECOMMENDED that i not drive it off their lot. They too found it odd that it was broke / cracked and still attached. They did not make the repairs. I used a dealer owned body shop that specializes in european cars. Part was $35.00 US. total was $650.00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.