Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sunroof rubber seals

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  e-420 
#1 ·
The rubber seal around my sunroof has split approximately 3 inches on either side - directly below where the glass lifts. Has anyone changed the seal or had the seal replaced by a 'professional'? Was thinking of supergluing the rubber for the time being. Normally I'd worry about water getting in but it hardly rains in Australia these days!!;)

Cheers

#4 ·
I did it on my 140, get the genuine MB gasket, make notes or pictures of the old install. Then pull it out of the lip in the top, clean the groove, maybe even lubricate the new one with a soap solution. Then start at the corners, alternating side to side working to the middle. The gasket comes in one piece, do not cut any portion. I used a little (wallpaper)roller to seat it where neccessary.

#6 ·
It's an easy fix. takes less than 30 minutes to change the seal. Use some soapy water or silicone spray to help get it into position. Don't use to much soapy water or you'll have trouble keeping it from staying in place in the corners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.