Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W210-E240: "beep" sounds

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  d52232dole 
#1 ·
Hi,

My car got this problem recently. When the car moves, serious of "beep" sound repeatedly every 1 second for about 4-5 mins and then break for about 30 seconds, then keep beeping again.

I suspected it's caused by not having seat belt on, or forgot to release the parking brake, but I put seat belt on and released the brake, but the "beep" sound keeps beeping.

Not sure what's wrong, but I do need your advise!

Thanks in advance.

Don.

#2 ·
I would think that there is something not right with the parking brake release... either not releasing fully or a bad sensor

#3 ·
Fortunately, after reading this thread "http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1359608-hand-foot-parking-brake-adjustment-e420-2.html", I was able to locate the parking brake mechanisim and investigate the issue. There was a stuck to the metal cover when releasing the break, caused the beep sound. I removed the metal piece and "tuned it up", put back in, and now, no more beep sounds.

But I did not adjust anything since it still works fine.

Thanks all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.