Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sticky: DEALS

87K views 305 replies 88 participants last post by  phoenix-gold 
#1 ·
Hey, everyone.

Use this sticky thread to post deals you know of – particularly if it’s something you’ve purchased in the past and can vouch for. If you feel you simply must post something from an auction site such as eBay, please be kind enough to come back and delete (or update with a new auction) your post once the auction closes, it will cut down a great deal on the overhead the moderators have to spend cleaning it up.
This is not a place to post things YOU want to sell; check the TOU and click here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-trade-wanted-items/ to use the For Sale, Trade & Wanted Items forum for that. And it should probably be noted: This is intended for items useful or helpful for the W210 chassis. If it also works on other MB vehicles or other brands (such as Axxis Deluxe Brake Pads) that’s fine, but let’s avoid body kits for W124s. ;)
Also, please try to refrain from posting replies or general comments unless you have specific knowledge about the particular item listed, otherwise this will devolve into a complete mess.
If this gets unruly, we’ll probably have to close the thread, but I’m hopeful we’ll all be adults.

And with that in mind, I'll start us off with one that ohlord has mentioned several times, an OBD-II code reader. It's $40 at Harbor Freight and comes with a diagnostic CD of trouble codes and their translations. Here's the link to that specific item: Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

See less See more
#2 ·
Botch Icon Blades. If you havent purchased this new style blade, hop on it. It performs much better than OEM Blades. I used the 22" size. It can be purchased at any Autozone, Kregan or Pepboys. For our sigle blade style, it cost $25 bucks. The cheapest and elegant upgrade you can make. :)

Reactions: corvise
#3 ·
Make that BOSCH Icons... you don't want the knock off version BOTCH :p

#5 ·
dr.pitch said:
as best as I can imagine fitment it seems the wing shape will face the wrong way, with the thickest part closest the hood as opposed to the thinnest part. Anyone else notice this?
I've seen them on some members' E55, and in the drivers' side position, the wing seems to be backward, when it's on the passenger side of course it's fine. There is a little lip on the back side so I'd guess it's designed to be bi-directional. The guys with the E55s say it works awesome, I just replaced my stock insert so I'm waiting. Re: size, 22" is really too short for the 210. The stock blade is 640mm, or about 25.2". The E55 guys had 24s, I'm going to measure and see if 26 will go when I get to that point.

You can also order them on Amazon.com for a pretty good price and the ones I saw qualify for free regular shipping.

Greg

#8 ·
[QUOTE='91 300CE]Make that BOSCH Icons... you don't want the knock off version BOTCH :p[/QUOTE]

:D lol, sorry about that. Spelling has never been a friend of mines. LOL

These blades work super well. I am big on visual safety and was pissed that the oem blade would leave curved streaks across the windshield. Once I tryed these blades I was impressed for 4 major reasons

1) How well they worked - the best ive seen

2) Safety - Clears windshield in rain good enough to make better distance judgement in driving.

3) Cost - at $25 bucks I was cool with that.

4) Looks, makes the car look good inside and out. I cant emagine going back. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
MAF insert

MAF insert from Mercedes Benz Parts, Mercedes Parts, Accessories call for correct application .works great,cheap at 127 bucks,and not much more work involved since you need to r/r the maf anyway and this insert only takes a few extra minutes to install.
ohlord:bowdown:
"GOT CODES?"
p.s. use the 80-100 bucks you save over the cost of the whole MAF to buy some fleece filters and air filters ,window reg repair kits etc. at great prices over at Auto Parts at AutohausAZ - OEM Auto Parts - Discount Replacement Parts, Resources and Car Care Tips

#10 · (Edited)
Torx bits

Security torx bits with the hollow tip feature,Schucks,kraggen,checker and other auto parts chains,$5-$7 a set, that includes the ones for your maf,spark coils and others you need if you are a devoted diy'er....Beats 2bucks each at napa....
"GOT CODES?"
"GET TOOLS"
over kill but if you really need a lot of bits this is the deal of the century
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

#11 ·
Freebie!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to buy the unit unless you are all out DIY'er.However as I just posted on an OBD2 thread.this site has tons of great info on engine diagnostics,codes,and how to track down what the code is potentially trying to tell you,all FREE.
A great read,some night when you have nothing to do and want to learn up on how systems operate.
AutoTap - OBDII Diagnostic Scanner
join their email list and they sent out a great news letter full of info......

#12 ·
If you ever need a tranny

never had a benz go bad on me,but I keep info on all deals ran across.
Germantransmissions.com
hope you never need them.
:bowdown:

#14 ·
I just ordered my new Magnecor spark plug wires 2 days ago (8.5mm Magnecor part #85240 for E55) for really cheap! I mean I researched the crap out of these and they're going for $251 bucks plus shipping everywhere including Magnecor's website. I found a site called Alamo Motorsports where I ordered them for $170.02 shipped. Here is the site's link to the wires: Magnecor Spark Plug Wire For Mercedes

#16 ·
#19 ·
Infrared Thermometer

Wow.

Harbor Freight Tools has a handheld infrared thermometer with a laser sight for $20: Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Note: if you have a HFT store near you, print out the page with your item on it or the physical store won't meet that price. Odd rule but it works fine once you know it.

Greg

#20 · (Edited)
Discount code for All Data DIY

Here is a code that gets you one year of AllDataDIY.com for $12.95

Drew :thumbsup:

Edit: Code worked last week. Price is up to 14.95 now.

#23 ·
#26 ·
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
$39.99 and as always if you have a store near you take a copy of the online ad and hb will meet their internet price.
I bought mine last night at the store in Lombard Illinois. Make sure you bring a printed copy of the website ad, they did match the price.
It was marked at $79.99 on the shelf, I paid the $39.99.

They told me Harbor freight is owned by two brothers, one runs the stores, the other has the website. The website has more items than the stores, and they will not order in from the website to avoid shipping costs. That's a shame, as they have a 'Mercedes Dash Service Kit' that comes in a red plastic case with the radio keys, cluster pull tools, ignition service tools and it's $4.99. Shipping is $6! Still a good deal, though.