Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cylinder Misfire Codes Help

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  slybydesign 
#1 · (Edited)
Last night I ran out of gas, driving to the gas station, well I got out my emergancy gas container got 1.5 gal and than started her up and got gas, but when she ran out of gas the check engine light came on and didnt turn off when I had added gas. I went to Autosone just now and got the codes and erased the main code that wouldnt go away which was the fuel level sencor, getting gas fixed that, but I did ended up with three codes left.

P0300 - P0301 - P0304 fixed code = P0460

The P03 codes are all Cylinder Misfire Codes

The car drives good but my gas milage is super poor and I can feel her acting sluggish, not much thoug, again. I was wondering what these could be. One thing is if you read my previous post on driving with out oil cap, I was wondering if cleaning the spark plug housing with electical clearner might help. She starts and runs with minimal noise but there is noise. Any suggestions?

I wont have money for any serious repairs for two weeks and was wondering if Service B will resolve this dont know exactly whats performed in service B. Since I wont have money for major repairs and she is still driving will I cause more damage by still driving for two weeks? Or is this gonna be cool till I have the fazooles thank you?

See less See more
#2 ·
When you run out of gas -the engine misfired what triggered the codes. Would be very odd running out of gas damaged something. Once the codes are triggered it usually takes some time for them to clear if the problem is solved.
I wouldn't rush anything and worry about the codes only if they don't vanish in like 2 days, 10 restarts. Possible the codes put the engine in emergency mode, but that suppose to clear as well.

#3 ·
awsome thanks you Kajtek1. Believe it or not, I looked at the spark plugs and one of them felt looser than the other 2 on the driver side and because I was driving with out my oil cap(see thread "Stupid Train" I had oil all around the plug and yes it was in the first two good. I took apart the entire unit cleaned it and the plugs and placed everything back and now it "seems" to start at the blink of an eye and has about an 8% decrease in engine noise. Though there is some noise still there. Kajtek1 I believe your right that the codes should go once I start driving and am happy I cleared the read so I can see the time and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.