Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Climate Control Lights

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  reyna7 
#1 ·
Hi. New to the forum. I purchased a 1997 E320 in November, 2006. Man, do I love this car. The only detractor is the lights will not come on behind the climate control at night. I pulled the unit, but did not see anything that could be replaced. Does the entire unit have to be replaced, or is there a fuse or something I am unaware of?

Also do you have to replace the entire foglamp assembly, or can the bulb be replaced?

Thanks, Im really happy with the car, really nice ride!!!!

#6 ·
Ok ... so I took the little bulb out and I am wondering if anyone has found a source online for the purchase of these little bulbs? No MB dealer very close (50 miles). Also, it appears that a LED would be a much better source for this light, maybe someone has tried this and has a source for an LED replacement

#7 ·
Grady, I've been throught the exercise to replace bulbs in the speed-o/tach assembly, but have never had to pull or "break into" the climate control unit. Now this AM, said unit went dark. How does one remove said climate control unit? Explosives? Wonder Bar? BFH (Hammer)?
??????
Mike

#9 ·
Look closely at the bottom of each AUTO button, and you will see a small horizontal slot. The radio tool fits there. These tools are available from dealers or from aftermarket stereo shops. Insert the tools into the slots (in the correct direction) until they click into place, and use them to withdraw the unit. So easy a .... umm ...

#10 ·
Hello All.
I'm new of this forum, so I say hi to all of you. I find this forum very good. I mean it. Even if I'm not from States.

I have similar case with climate control, but my bulb shines a little when I dismantled the control. It doesn't shine so much to illuminate the control in the night, I put another bulb to be sure that its not broken, but result is the same. Maybe you have experienced similar case and can give me a clue where to look for solution, I don't want to buy whole panel in such case.

Hope to hear from you.
Thanks in advance.
Jakub

#14 ·
I bought mine a a local autoparts store - Auto Zone I believe.

Sylvania 2721 (W1.2W) European Lamps.

Installed in a 2000 W210 E430 with no problems. The bulb is a bit larger than stock but works just fine (if not better/brighter) than original.

About 3 dollars (maybe less) for a 2 pack. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.