Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

i need help guys...desperately....

850 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tvo-2 
#1 ·
first up, let me say 'hi' to everyone since i'm a new member and a proud new member of the MB ownership family....

i purchased an 2000 e 320 4Matic...and it has the stock 16" wheels....i'm looking to upgrade to 18", but i've gotten all sorts of different answers from different people AT the MB dealership (nobody seems to have definitive answers....which is a touch off-putting to say the least).

i REALLY want the AMG style II wheels, and unfortunately i've been unable to find the proper width i need - the dealer told me NOT to go over and 8" width, AND NOT to stagger the wheels cuz my vehicle is a 4Matic...i'd like to know what the widest wheels is i can buy, and basically some general info about hookin' my car up with the type of wheels i'm looking for....

so any comment and/or input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

#2 ·
I dont know on 4 matic how it works but i got a 1996 E320 with AMG monoblocks II 18x8 in front and 18x9 in the rear...The ride is unreal and the grip...i dont have any rubbing problems and there is plenty of space in front and rear...but i heard similar things with 4 matics and i would just go with 8" width cause i dont think dealer would tell u any crap info...

#3 ·
thanks for the input.....i'm just wondering if i could squeeze in 8.5's....cuz that seems to be what i can get my hands on....but i was also wondering about the offset's of the wheels, and if they need to be the exact same on the front and back, or if the back is supposed to be a bit different??? so is there anyone with a 4matic?????? whose put some sheels on it??????

#4 ·
I posted the spec for the 4 matic a while back (try doing a search) for the standard W210 (non 4-matic) the specs are :

Bolt Pattern: 5x112
Offset Range: 30 to 40
Wheel Size Range: 16x6.0 to 20x8.5
OEM Tire Size (Front): 215/55-16 (215x642 mm)

but i can't for the life of me recall what the ET was for the 4-matic at the moment.

Your dealer needs to get his head examined and then change jobs since he doesn't know that MB actually made an E55 4-matic wich HAD a staggered setup

#5 ·
thanks for the effort, and would luv to hear back from ya when/if ya recall the setup....

so the setup for the E55 was 18x8 and 18x9...? can you find out THAT vehicle's setup?? and if so, does that vehicle share the same layout specs as my car (obv. minus the lowered stance and more powerful engine/drivetrain?)

thanks again!

#6 · (Edited)
Gee, why don't you go to the parts department and have them find their copy of the Mercedes publication "Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories--Wheels?"

If you're DESPERATE for 18-in wheels, it lists two

B6 603 1007, which is 8JX18

B6 603 1001, which is 9JX18

Both are AMG "Style II"

For both it is indicated "modification of bodywork necessary"

BTW, if you believe "bigger is better," you've got learning to do.

Also BTW, list price for B6 603 1007 is $610 each.

#7 ·
thanks for the added info....i failed to mention that i DID NOT want to buy 4 brand new wheels, so i've been searching for some quality used wheels ~ but all i'm finding is the staggered setup (i'm NOT convinced bigger is better, i just want an aggressive looking wheel/tire setup) and NOT a set of 4 wheels that are 8" wide...that's why i'm wondering what would fit AND if i'm able to have anything but 235-40-18(x8) on all 4 wheels....

thanks again and please keep posting, every bit of added info is a help to me!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.