Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Windshield wiper motor

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  XIGNSX 
#1 ·
Sup guys,
I need help in pin pointing a problem with my windshield wiper system. The thing is, I have no pressure when I try to use my windshield wiper fluid. I beleive I hear the motor but no pressure. I have already looked to see if the holes were clogged and they are not...I'm confused. need some suugestions, i.e. HELP! Thanks in advance.

Moe

#2 ·
I had the same problem... I just replaced mine and it started working. But what i think your case might be is that either their could be an air bubble stuck somewhere, Not enough fluid, or, if im not mistaking, their is a problem with the second pump (ive seen a few with 2 pumps). I would suggest to hook up a seperate positive and negative cable to the pump and see if the pump is actually running and then later, check to see if fluid is actually flowing throw.

P.S. I would think that these pumps are similar to the way fish tank pumps work. If those have an air pocket in them, the water will not flow through.

#3 ·
Thanks skip..I'm gonna go over the steps u've indicated. let u know if that solves the problem. Also I don't really see another pump but if u may, send a picture of the actual pump. I'm guessing at what the pump might be but I just want to make sure..thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.