Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

cheapest oil filter i can find is $7.79 - anyone cheaper?

924 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bob98e320 
#1 ·
drivewire.com has OEM Mahle oil filters for $7.79 and if u order $50> shipping is free. can anyone beat that..??

#3 · (Edited)
Gents,

Those prices sound like the paper element, if you're in the 98 or newer you should be running synthetic with the fleece element. I'd also recommend you buy a kit (rather than just the filter) so you can replace the o-rings with your filter.

Paper will work fine for your car, ProV, and Germanstar.net (one of our sponsors) sells the paper type kit for $6.95 at: http://www.germanstar.net/e320m2.htm. Guy's name is Ron, call him if you have any questions.

If you're in the older 210 (96-97) then you can use the paper element with or without synthetic oil, but you should be changing it more frequently as the filter will not last as long as the oil.

Don, fill out your profile when you have a chance!;)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#4 ·
gregs210 said:
Gents,

Those prices sound like the paper element, if you're in the 98 or newer you should be running synthetic with the fleece element. I'd also recommend you buy a kit (rather than just the filter) so you can replace the o-rings with your filter.

Paper will work fine for your car, ProV, and Germanstar.net (one of our sponsors) sells the paper type kit for $6.95 at: http://www.germanstar.net/e320m2.htm. Guy's name is Ron, call him if you have any questions.

If you're in the older 210 (96-97) then you can use the paper element with or without synthetic oil, but you should be changing it more frequently as the filter will not last as long as the oil.

Don, fill out your profile when you have a chance!;)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
Greg,

Why do you recommend the syn for 98+ but not for newer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.