Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Shaking over 60 MPH??

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Creative85 
#1 ·
Recently I have began to notice that my 2001 E320 (33 K) has started to shake as I approach 60 MPH. I first thought it might be the motor mounts, but from reading this forum I see that bad motor mounts usaually cause shaking while the car is idle, which my car does not do. Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be causing this??

#3 ·
He has a point there. I recently had my tires balanced.

#4 ·
satxmerc01 said:
Recently I have began to notice that my 2001 E320 (33 K) has started to shake as I approach 60 MPH. I first thought it might be the motor mounts, but from reading this forum I see that bad motor mounts usaually cause shaking while the car is idle, which my car does not do. Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be causing this??
Mine does the same thing... mainly around 50-55 mph.
(96 E320 w/ 75k)

#7 ·
that is totally possible.... also. check for any bump on the side of the tires can could cause some rattling or shaking.

#11 ·
$150 -- more like $99 here in DC Metropolitan area.

JOE55 said:
shaking is due to unbalanced wheels & not related to alignment:rolleyes: & 4 wheel alignment cost around $150.

#13 ·
I'll go ahead and try balancing the wheel first. If that doesn't work I'll take it to get alligned. Last time I had it aligned I took it to Brake Check, and for $100.00 they not only aligned the car but they also gave me free alignments for as long as I own my car. I thought that was a pretty good deal!!

#14 ·
sounds like it! good luck

#15 · (Edited)
JOE55 said:
shaking is due to unbalanced wheels & not related to alignment.
not necessarily, in some cases if the alignment is off enough, it can create, slight vibrations and shaking. The guy never described how severe. I stated that it might possibly need an alignment, in this case it deffinitely couldnt hurt.

But in most cases evidence of an misaligned vehicle is uneven tire wear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.