Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Blinker goes out - back on - out

936 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bob98e320 
#1 ·
My passenger front blinker sometimes just doesn't work. Goes out - doesn't light when you lock the car up, etc. Then its back on. Take it to the shop and of course it was working again - they find nothing loose. Even changed the bulb out. Just did it again.

Anyone have anything similar happen?

TIA

Bob

#5 ·
Storm. - 7/11/2005 5:59 AM

I know i'm probably stating the obvious here but perhaps you should take a look at the connector (might have some corrosion on it or the bulb - common on MB's). When the indicator lights flash fast it is a warning of a bulbe failure so don't waste your time with the stealership on these problems.
Nope, checked the connector. Clean and making good contact. I even rubbed it with a small screwdriver. Could not get them to come on by moving it tighter, etc. The last time this happened the damn thing was working again the next day!

#7 ·
Put some dielectric grease ( from most any auto parts store ) on all the bulb and bulb socket contacts after cleaning them. Then re-insert.

Solved the problem for me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.