Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Driver's Exterior Mirror

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  F18lumpy 
#1 ·
Well, hindsight being 20/20, I've become convinced I should have fought with the dealer a bit longer on replacing the driver's exterior mirror on the 2001 E320 I purchased a month ago. It has a double image which is a bit annoying. As you may guess, given the fact that I'm writing this post, I lost the fight and bought the vehicle w/o having them replace the mirror.

Yesterday I priced the glass from the dealer and was shocked to find that they wanted $500 for just the glass. Apparently I have a heated, auto-dimming door mirror. Short of scouring the junkyards, does anyone have any recommendations as to where I might purchase a replacement auto-dimming, heated mirror glass at a reasonable (or dirt cheap [:)] ) price?

Thanks
Jeff

#3 ·
I've been in contact with Steve at MBENZNL. His prices are certainly reasonable. However, I'll have to buy the Euro version of the mirror with the anti-blind spot.

What do you all think of the Euro version? Is the anti-blind spot helpful or distracting?

How did your transaction go with MBENZNL?

Thanks for the feedback
Jeff

#4 ·
Get the Euro version. I have them on mine and they are much better. The blind spot are of the mirror helps with changing lanes and backing in to parking spaces.

#7 ·
Yes, Both the left side and the right side mirrors have the outer part of the glass curved to help seeing around the blind spots. There is a dotted line marking the division between the convex part and the normal part.

#10 ·
I know how you feel. Some ass in a old Chevy knocked out my passengers side mirror. I called up the Dealer, ordered the mirror, and to my surprise it was $500. When I went to the dealer and picked it up, it was the drivers side. The passengers side is only $67!

#11 ·
Well I ordered a set of mirrors from Steve at MBenzNL. I should get them in a few weeks. I elected to get both the right and left side glass. The price difference was pretty small between getting just the drivers side (which my car needs) or getting both sides. I figure this way they'll match and I'll have the added safety of being able to look into the blind spots on both sides of the car.

Has anyone noticed how much bigger the blind spots are on the Mercs than other vehicles? Both my E320 and the C280 I had a couple years ago had huge blind spots in comparison to either my 94 Honda Accord or my 88 BMW 535i.

I'll probably be back for installation help once the mirrors arrive.

Thanks
Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.