Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Chrome pieces held on by 3m adhesive

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  zam2000 
#1 ·
Anyone have any of these products on their car? Headlight rings, chrome piece on the trunk, etc.

Do they stay on? Through a commercial car wash?

TIA

Bob

#2 ·
Hi Bob,
I've had my chrome handle for the bonnet for the last 2 months but, touch wood, it is still there. However I NEVER send my baby to the commercial carwash. I never did trust their detergent. How long have you had yours? Anyway, I suggest you try to protect your car from any strong and direct sunlight when you park her. If the carwash didn't get the chrome parts, the heat from the sun will. Cheers.

Rgds
Black Stallion

Attachments

#5 ·
bob98e320 - 7/6/2005 12:58 PM

Anyone have any of these products on their car? Headlight rings, chrome piece on the trunk, etc.

Do they stay on? Through a commercial car wash?

TIA

Bob
Got chrome vents on the hood, chrome on the trunklid & had headlight rings. Hood vents are not going anywhere so fit them knowing that no carwash can rip em out, trunk lid chrome is a disaster, it sits proud of the piece underneath it, i guess i'll have to readjust it (though it is both taped on and screwed), headlight rings (if fitted correctly) should be there forever (i took mine off when i fitted my Inpro's)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.