BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bubbenz
(Thread Starter)
Exhaust on E430?

Hello all. I am looking to modift my exhaust in the near future. I have heard everything from just cutting the muffler off to spending a thousand dollars on an exhaust system. What can I do to make it sound a bit deeper/louder and give a little boost in performance? I have seen people install magnaflow mufflers in place of their oem mufflers for a decent price. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on this, so what can I do with a light budget? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2004
RE: Exhaust on E430?

Magnaflow- go to BMWTIPS.COM(go Tips &Tricks-Exhaust Sound Comparison) they have sound clips of the Magnaflow on a 540(V8) E39 and other exhaust like Triflow,Supersprint,etc. Magnaflow have been a favorite choice for some BMW enthusiast if you are looking for a more Budget concious mod with definite performance gains. The Magnaflow sound is Deep, Throaty,Loud(my opinion). Remus(maker of BRABUS) is Throathy, Deep, Medium/low tone(IMO, is perfect for our MB's bec. of MBs inherent "Luxurious Silent" Engine vs. the BMW's "Sporty" engine sound.......I personally suggest that you do the RESONATOR DELETE prior to buying any Aftermarket Exhaust, since you have a E430 V8 engine which has a more Deeper note than a E320 V6 engine. I GUARANTEE THAT YOULL HAVE A MORE SPORTY, DEEPER TONE THAN STOCK BUT NOT HARSH AT ALL, and you can always reinstall the Resonator if you dont like it[;)]....I have a Remus/BRABUS Exhaust which i havent mounted yet but im definitely planning on installing it with the Resonator Deleted.....refer to the other forum post regarding "Resonator Delete" & "mounting the Remus/BRABUS exhaust with/without" the Resonator" a couple weeks back in our W210 Forum, i have posted there my experience with the Resonator Delete with my BMW and other helpfull tips when doing this mod.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 07:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2004
RE: Exhaust on E430?

I cut out the mid muffler and installed an E55 AMG muffler, it sounds great. Its not quite as agressive as a magnaflow or remus.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class