Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Climate problems blows hot and cold

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  why_not 
#1 ·
I have an -99 E220 T cdi with some climate issues.

When I take the car for a drive to work in the morning everything works fine, but if I have stopped the car and then starts the engine again the right side upper/lower and dash vents starts to blow warm air while both center vents blows cold.

This always happens when the car has been running and then restarted, I've also noticed that the transmission seems to shifting gears at higher rpm's as if there where some vaccum problem, but is the transmission and flaps using the same vaccum source?

I've runned the flap test described at Continental Imports web page and it certainly fails most of the cases!

Where do I start? is it a vaccum problem or is it a hot water leak or maybe some regulator which controls the flaps

Anyone know or experienced the same problem?

Morgan

#2 ·
I would suspect a vacuum leak so you might look for cracked lines.

#5 ·
Well it isn't solved but I've locaded it to be the duovalve that fails.

Since it doesn't appear that often it's not a big issue but when it happens I just tap a little with a screwdriver or something else at the duovalve and the problem dissappears.

The duovalve is located on the right side of the engine compartment and is open as default when the ignition is off, it works nice when the engine is cold but when it gets warm the pistons (or whatever is inside the duo) sometimes get stuck and let heated water flow into the radiator.

Morgan

#7 ·
Thanks for the reply..
i will try to locate the valve..

I did the tests.. and boy.. there is a lot of faults.

The flap test failed.. it seems like both the center outlets are permanent hooked as the left one.
-that is.. both center outlets are controled as lefts. And no one as right.
Its a flap faliure..

Furthermore i have a lot of censor fails.. some are.. internal, external, evap and a serious IC comunication fail.

I dont think the AC should work with all those errors. But it does.. besides the hot air from time to time.

-besides that.. my Comand amp had begun to fail and my IC Multi display is dimming when getting hos.. and its not the bulbs.
And there is rust everywhere..

/kim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.