Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2007 CLK350

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  keyhole 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this and in the process of buying some parts for a car I bought. I need a front bumper, grill and some lights. I've found some parts online but I need to make sure it fits the car. Can someome please tell me if my 2007 CLK350 is a W208 or W209? Many thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. :)

Your CLK is a W209. Do you know how to fit your new items?

Now please complete your profile with User CP ^^^ providing model/year/location as this is often important when dealing with questions. Also say if it is a coupe or a cabrio.

#4 ·
I guess that your car has been in a frontal accident of sorts, right?

The problem is, that for anyone sourcing spare parts, online purchase is a bit of a jungle as some vendors are not sure of the finer details needed. For instance, according to my EPC (parts book) these are 30 different W209 CLK front bumpers, depending on chassis number & features fitted. So you could end up buying something that does not fit correctly. Regarding the lights, you probably have the bi-xenon type with the wash facility on the bumper behind a small cover.

If you post your VIN here we can find your chassis number and figure out what bumper will fit the car. It would also be stamped on the original bumper somewhere.

While we are checking the VIN, we can also see if your engine M272 production number is free of known balance shaft issues that are discussed endlessly in this thread below.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w209-clk-class/1566342-maybe-buying-clk-vin-decode.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.