Keyless remote resync.... HELP!!! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W209 CLK Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2012
Question Keyless remote resync.... HELP!!!

Hey guys,

The other day, the message "check remote batteries" popped up on my dash. I replaced the batteries with no problem and the message went away. However, now it seems as if the RF function between the remote & the car has been lost. Only the Infared works. I can no longer stand several feet away and lock/unlock the car like I could before I replaced the batteries. I know the remote works because I can open the car by either pulling the handle or pressing the unlock button with the infared pointing at the handle.

Is there a way to reset/resync the RF between the remote & the vehicle? I do have keyless go. 2006 CLK coupe.

Thanks.
CLKguyATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2001 ML320
Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the fob until tis LED light blinks twice. This toggles global vs driver-door only unlocking and can sometimes "wake up" the RCL function.

- RODNEY
rudeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeney View Post
Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the fob until tis LED light blinks twice. This toggles global vs driver-door only unlocking and can sometimes "wake up" the RCL function.
Yeah, tried that several times.... No luck.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2001 ML320
Have you started the car by inserting the key into the ignition or the KeylessGo START button? If not, try the ignition switch. There is some communication that occurs that way that does not via KeylessGo. Also, does the other key work?
rudeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeney View Post
Have you started the car by inserting the key into the ignition or the KeylessGo START button? If not, try the ignition switch. There is some communication that occurs that way that does not via KeylessGo. Also, does the other key work?
The key functions fine in all other situations (ignition, keyless start, and infared). It just doesn't work when trying to lock/unlock vehicle from let's say 10 feet. Unfortunately I only have 1 key.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W209 CLK Class