#1 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2005 CLK 320 MERCEDES CONVERTIBLE LUGGAGE PARTITION STUCK

Help, my soft top wont go down. I get a message to close the trunk partitioner but it won't latch, any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2005 CLK 500 Convertable
There is a latch with a switch on it that closes when the partitioner is in place. Access is best by partially opening the top so that the rear deck is opened up. Pull the partition to the rear paying attention to the driver side where the latch/switch is located. You can hear/feel the switch being made. Then do the partial opening of the rag top.
On mine, a plastic pin on the passenger side broke off keeping the partition from functioning properly. I am getting a new pin from the dealer soon, so I will let you know then.
Charlie
#3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 06:10 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2006 CLK350 Cabriolet White/Stone
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmama View Post
Help, my soft top wont go down. I get a message to close the trunk partitioner but it won't latch, any suggestions? Thanks
I am experiencing the same problem. Top had been working fine and I never had a need to fold the luggage divider into the forward position. All of a sudden I get this message "please close luggage divider" or something like that. The top would not go down. When I pulled the bottom of the panel toard the rear of the car and listened carefully, I could hear the limit switch make. But when I release the divider it moved slightly forward and I could hear the limit switch click again. When the panel is pulled toward the rear the two gas struts extend but are not pushing hard enough to hold the partition against the limit switch. If there is some other latching mechanism that is supposed to hold the panel in the down position I cannot find it. Have others had this problem and what was the solution - replace the struts? Thanks, Russ

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W209 CLK Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.