7-speed transmission problems Already!!!! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W209 CLK Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: My Benz: 04 S430
7-speed transmission problems Already!!!!

Hello all,,

Well up to now, I've been quiet regarding issues with these cars because I've been pretty fortunate and happy till now...

My car has 4K miles on it and at 1900 miles I started havin shifting problems after my initial service. i took it back to the dealer, who duplicated the problem, and they informed me that they could either change the valve body, or install a new software update for the 7 speeds that they would have in a couple of weeks.

I decided to wait for the software. Now I have taken the car in, they tried the software, and it didn't work. So, they changed the valve body, still the same problem. Now guess what??

My 2006 CAB with 4K miles on it is getting a new tranny!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. My first reaction was "you can keep that peice of S^&T and get me a new car"!!! I'm glad they immediately went for a complete replacement instead of try to BS me with this issue, so Kudos there, But I'm still having a hard time trying to swallow the fact that I paid 59K for a car two months ago, and now It needs a new tranny..... My girl's 2005 sebring needed a new tranny cuz it stripped first gear at 19K, and my commen was "well the car cost 16K new at least they covered it" They had it 3 weeks with no loaner.
So imagine her reaction when I told her my good news....LoL long story short, she is driving around in the 2006 C230 I have (had) for a loaner right now thinking "well his expensive A$% mercedes F^&%ked up and it was brand new. I don't feel so bad about my chrysler now....."

Should I be calling foul at MB Quality?? or is this just a fluke??

Any thoughts on this anyone??
My04230k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2006, 07:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet
I don't know what to tell you.......my 07 CLK is my 3rd car with the 7 speed....and I've only had one problem with my old 06 ML350...but that was fixed the first time with a software update.
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuice
I don't know what to tell you.......my 07 CLK is my 3rd car with the 7 speed....and I've only had one problem with my old 06 ML350...but that was fixed the first time with a software update.
misterjuice,

Thanks for the feedback.. I haven't lost confidence in the brand of course, I'm just hoping this all works out good...Like I said earlier, I'm kinda glad they went for a replacement right away, but the whole idea of them having to do that just feels weird....But' like I said, My full confidence is with the decision of my Service folks.. They haven't let me down with their decisions about my cars yet... I should have the car back by Monday, I'll drive it for a few thousand miles, and post an update...
Old 09-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 2007 E350 Saks Fifth Edition
Send a message via AIM to CaliforniaMBGuy
Let us know, I'm a service advisor over in Cali. Hope the new tranny works well,,, it should!!

Elite Service Advisor
Mercedes Benz of Encino
CaliforniaMBGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMBGuy
Let us know, I'm a service advisor over in Cali. Hope the new tranny works well,,, it should!!

Got it back already... Completely happy. The new tranny shifts like a dream!! the work was real good, Drives like the first day I got it if not better.....
Old 09-24-2006, 04:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: CLK 280 Elegance with Sports Package
Software Update so far so good!

Just thought I would let you know I reported to my dealer that my 7 speed transmission had change patterns that varied, and sometimes on the downshifts it became very harse. Didn't matter whether it was 3rd to 2nd or whatever, but it didnt happen all the time. They installed new software and althogh its only been a few days, so far so good!
Geoff_1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2003
ML350 Transmission noise

Hey guys,

Please help me out here, I'm trying to get the 07 ML350 with P02, Sport Package, Lighting Package, Heating Front, Interior Package and 6 Disc Changer. They're offering me 54K out of the door. It looks like a fair good deal to me. But I'm concernign about the Transmission issue. My inlaw told me that the transmission makes cranky noise during shifting. Is this a commom issue for this model? Should I wait for 08 ML?

Thanks a lot!

-TD
TDTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W209 CLK Class