Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Is this too much?! give me your thoughts.

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  NITO 
#1 ·
So decided to do the single wiper position mod. (Pretty easy).

However is it just too much, I mean in a pretensious way?!

The mod I carried out allows the wiper to sit vertically by simply fitting a switch between one of the 4 cables to the wiper loom and then fed this back into the cabin to a neat little switch under the dash near the hood release. The switch cuts the power to the wiper allowing you to position verticaly, but still allows the wiper to work at high speed.

This way I can revert back to normal function by flicking the switch.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So, let me get this correct...You can drive around w/the blade in the "UP" position...
Now, I like the look of your ride, but leaving that blade like that is not a good look.
Leave that for the hondas', evos', and 4 bangers!!! We may have to pull your Mod card!!
Just my two cents
Happy Motoring

#6 ·
I would put the wiper back the way it was, that look really takes away from the appearance of your car. When I look at your car I think "WOW, that's nice!", but when the wiper is up like that, that's the first thing I notice and I'm thinking about how tacky it looks.

#7 ·
Thanks all for your constructive feedback, it seems that it would be best to leave the wiper down.?

The mod was just a 'Nod' to the CLK - GTR that often has the wiper vertical

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.