I'm Back almost - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W208 CLK Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2009
I'm Back almost

Hi all

just saying hello again i was a MB owner back in 09 but changed to BMW but i'm coming back to the fold and hopefully a new model. so i'm reaching out to all you CLK owners to ask the age old question what do i look for in a CLK? what kind of gas mileage should I expect? shold I bite the bullet and get an AMG or will i regret the maintenace? how easy are CLK's to work on?

thanks in advance

Jim
jimtripin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: Hopes & Dreams
You should check the trunk to make sure there are no bodies in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENSIN
They should make giant plastic butt cheeks with a giant ass hole and install this thing at the end of the E Coupe assembly line, so that each P.O.S. is 'deservingly' pooped out.
BENSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2001 CLK 430
Mercedes Benz Prepurchase Inspection
17/21 is the norm I get for city/hwy. A long trip say, oakland to la gets me 27 mpg.
Repair and Maintenance for CLK are tad bit low for a luxury imo. Theres a local MB Shop that I go to for service A/B when I'm lazy and it generally runs $300/$600. DIY's on this forum will get you through alot of the service work. Just purchased spark plugs, set of 16, for $100 from autohausaz, spark plug wires $150 from rock auto, $140 for a dozen quarts of ow40 mobil1 oil, MAF for $150 from autohausaz. I've always had an affinity for tinkering with things so working with cars was a cinch, once you've done one car you've done them all. You would definitely feel the difference in power between an AMG model and 430. Every time I searched CL for value of CLK's, 55's tended to have lower mileage, definitely not a bad thing.
jtern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: Hopes & Dreams
febreze works good to get smells out of the trunk
BENSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2009
DIY all the way!! the mileage doesn't sound that bad thanks for the info... and I bought some ferbreeze
jimtripin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2012
Vehicle: 2002 CLK55 AMG
My 55amg is great, an incredible value for the buck... premium gas or regular with an octane boost additive, and with oil changes is all you need if you treat it right, it will treat you right.

I agree with Jtern, mileage is about 17/21, although my hour drives I have seen as much as 25mpg... This past weekend, I put on touring tires, instead of the performance tires, we will see if the is a difference in gas mileage.
sandiego55amg is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W208 CLK Class