Replaced Brake Light Switch; BAS/ASR still on - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W208 CLK Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 99 CLK 320
OK, fine.
Went to the MB dealer and bought the overpriced BLS. Guess what? BAS/ASR light still on.
They tell me it might be a wheel speed sensor, but they want a picture of Uncle Benjamin to make it happen.

That may explain the weird mileage I'm recording when I fill up. I have a SCANGUAGE-II hooked up to my OBD-II port and the miles recorded is a few off compared to the odometer.

I see there are FOUR of these wheel speed sensor (one each wheel)...wow! That's about $400. Do you guys just replace the (hopefully) one or do all four "while you're at it and have the car up?

Also, the cruise control seems to work PART of the time. It did not work at all last Sunday. Yesterday it was working.

What I've done so far:
-Replaced BLS
-Disconnected the battery 60 minutes; manual reset ECU
-Checked continuity of all fuses (firewall driver side; driver door; trunk; k-40 area)
-Steering wheel lock right, left center

Still have the BAS/ASR light on.

Last edited by semiretired; 05-13-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: cruise control info added; what I've done so far
semiretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W208 CLK Class