Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

cylinder 3 misfire but no check engine?

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  davidclk 
#1 ·
ok as some of you guys know that i posted up a thread a little while back stating my problem taht my car shakes at idle and at low rpms and a lot of people said its the engine mount. Well out of nowhere i decided to put the car on the scanner and i got a code saying cylinder 3 misfire but i have no check engine light? I recently also changed the plugs before this problem. YOu guys know anything? :crybaby2:

#2 ·
I've had that problem, but I got the CEL. I have the shaking at speeds of 1-5 mph, sometimes at a stop too, but not always. 8 months ago when I got the CEL for the misfires, I first replaced the plug wires for that cylinder. About a month later, I had another CEL for misfire in the opposite cylinder, so I replaced the wires for that one too. I haven't had any misfires since. I'd buy the wires online as they are cheaper. Make sure you get the correct model number because they are different lengths. In the last month I've replaced 1 motor mount, the MAF, need to do the plugs now. The car still shakes though sometimes. Good luck!

#3 ·
Hey, I have a c240 2004 with 90 000 km
after a stop sign i kicked down no catch a green light and the check engine light came on flashing and stayed there until now (not flashing anymore) I took an appointement a Benz dealer but they told me they were full for two weeks and i had to wait. In the mean time, situation got worst. I was on the high way today and CEL started flashing again, at the first red light (car idling) it was shaking a lot and the acceleration was horrible, it took maybe 7sec to get to 40km/h !!! i had my flashers on because other cars were honking at me

Could it be a cylinder misfire and is it expensive to fix ?

Did these ever happen to anyone? please help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.