BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 99 CLK320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Stereo code resetting??

If you're a regular reader on Benzworld, you might remember when I posted about changing my battery and resynchronizing everything. Well, after I changed my battery I needed to enter my stereo's code in order for it to work again. I didn't get around to getting the code, so a couple weeks ago my girlfriend decided to become a psychic and tried guessing the code by punching in random 4-digit numbers even though I told her not to mess with it. After 3 of her futile attempts, my stereo suddenly no longer blinked "Code _ _ _ _" but instead now says, "WAIT". I tried resetting all my electronics today by disconnecting my battery and waiting a few minutes before reconnecting it. This did not help reset my stereo at all.

Does anyone know how I can fix this, and get rid of the "WAIT" message on my stereo?? My girlfriend owes me for having to deal with this!!

Current mods: Chrome headlight rims, clear side markers, chrome exhaust tip, flat hood badge, tinted windows

Future possible mods: 17 or 18" rims, color-matched or AMG body panels, halogen headlamps,, and big star grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
RE: Stereo code resetting??

I never saw that one, ask the dealer I would guess but you should not let her touch your car anyway, thats a clk forum rule

Mod list:Carlssons front bumper, custom angel eye fogs, headlight rings, #1 pads, Eibach springs, Inmotion ECU tuning, chrome wheels, Illuminated door sills, in dash DVD and backup camera, complete audio system, AMG pedals, LED lights, Blk maple and chrome shift knob, blk maple center cover and door pulls, Zaino, H&R 10mm spacers, K&N filters, Magnaflow exhaust
#3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 04:09 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
Did you try pulling the head unit, disconnecting it, and then plug back in. I know the anti-theft system has its own power, maybe they're linked? Stab in the dark though.

#4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 09:30 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Hahaha I'm sorry I failed us by not following the benzworld protocol. I was driving while she messed with my stereo so I couldn't stop her. I will make sure something like this never happens again by having her sit in the back seat from now on, although one time she was in the back seat and tried to push down my rear headrest with force. Maybe I'll have to copy those new GTI commercials and ask her to stay behind so I can enjoy my Fast.

I might have to try TK's suggestion, although I'm kinda afraid to do something like that because I'm not the most handy with messing around with car interiors. TK, would you like to move to CA? I think one of the families in my cul-de-sac is moving out.

Hey, I can't put smileys in my posts now!

Current mods: Chrome headlight rims, clear side markers, chrome exhaust tip, flat hood badge, tinted windows

Future possible mods: 17 or 18" rims, color-matched or AMG body panels, halogen headlamps,, and big star grill
#5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: CLK 200 coupe
After entering a wrong code for three times the unit will be blocked for ten minutes and shows "wait".
But leave the unit on, otherwise the ten minutes will not elapse.
Do some googling for numbers ('code Becker radio' or similar). There are some general numbers.

Success, Tony.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 01:41 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: CLK 200 coupe
Try http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
It's British but you could give it a try.
Tony.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 06:13 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2002 CLK55///04BMWxi///2010GLK350
I lost my codes with my last MB. They wanted to be sure that it was not a stolen radio..checked VIN and told me the code. Give them a call.

2002 Obsidian Black CLK55
#8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:00 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the responses guys! I'll try Dutchbenz's recommendations tomorrow, and if I can't find any codes, I'm planning on finally calling or going to a dealer to get my code. Thanks again.

#9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 92 400SE, 93 400E, 01 CLK320, 01 ML320, 98 Land Rover Discovery
After entering the code incorrectly three times the word "WAIT" appears on the display and the radio is disabled for approx. 10 minutes . After entering the incorrect code three times again the radio is disabled for approx. 60 minutes . NOTE: The disable time runs down only with the radio switched off.

Russell McMahon
2001 CLK320
2000 ML320
1992 400SE
1993 400E
#10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Wait a sec... Dutchbenz says to leave the radio on, but rsmcmahon says to leave it off. I've basically left my radio turned off for the past two weeks, so I'm thinking Dutchbenz is right. I'm going to try this after work today to see if it works.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W208 CLK Class