A-Service and B-Service - Mercedes-Benz Forum
1 2  3  ... Last
W208 CLK Class > A-Service and B-Service
juntao's Avatar juntao 07:03 PM 02-06-2006

Choose your action:

Just a breakdown of what's all included in A & B Services. Got the handbook from the dealership. Basically, you're paying an arm and a leg for inspections.

A SERVICE (~ $205.95 + tax) :

- Inspect and record tread depth, and correct tire pressure
- Rotate tires (excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles with staggered wheels)
- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement
-Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil
- Lubrication service
- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker
plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids
- Cooling system inspection
- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and
clamps
- Brake inspection
- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of
discs, fluids and lines
- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional. Dust filter prices vary by model)
- Function check
- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior
lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer
- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage
- Check and clean air filter
- Reset flexible service system counter

B SERVICE (~ $379.95 + tax) :

- Inspect windshield wiper inserts and service windshield washer system (Replacement of wiper inserts additional*).
- Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure. (Wheel balance additional*).
-excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles
with staggered wheels
- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement
-Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil
- Lubrication service
- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker
plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids
- Cooling system inspection
- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and
clamps
- Brake inspection
- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of
discs, fluids and lines
- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional*. Dust filter prices vary by model)
- Function check
- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior
lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer
- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage
- Check and clean air filter
- Reset flexible service system counter
- Inspect front axle ball joints; check steering play and power steering clutch; and rear differential levels
- Inspect Poly V-Belt for condition
- Inspect starting and charging system and service battery
- Inspect climate control refrigerant

* Not included in total

PrettyGrlC230 05:24 PM 02-19-2006

Choose your action:

[:X] Thanks so much for this break down...I recently purchased an '02 C230 kompressor and I need a part B service...I'm not looking forward to it b/c here, in Miami, it's $409.95 for the part B.... That could go to a couple more pairs of shoes, but a lady's gotta do, what a lady's gotta do! Thanks again and at least I'll have a heads up and not look like a cute, clueless chick when I go to the Service Dept.

:)
Gator_CLK320 07:32 AM 07-10-2006

Choose your action:

While I just purchased a 2003 CLK320 that is about 8k miles from a B service does anyone know how to reset the flexible service counter? I had the oil changed and a full synthetic ( 9 quarts ) and filter cost me about $105. The rest of things that are listed I have covered in my mechanics 49.95 safety inspection.

Does it void the warranty to not have it done at MB?

Thx
juntao's Avatar juntao 08:02 AM 07-10-2006

Choose your action:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_CLK320
While I just purchased a 2003 CLK320 that is about 8k miles from a B service does anyone know how to reset the flexible service counter? I had the oil changed and a full synthetic ( 9 quarts ) and filter cost me about $105. The rest of things that are listed I have covered in my mechanics 49.95 safety inspection.

Thx
i don't bother with the A or B services. I did the oil change and asked the dealer to reset the counter. Funny thing is, they did it once without question last year. When I asked them again last month after an oil change, they said that they won't reset it unless i get the service done (due to legal restrictions, BS).
MarcusF's Avatar MarcusF 10:11 AM 07-10-2006

Choose your action:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_CLK320

Thx
Changing your own oil will not void the warrantee. My 2002 has the procedure to reset the flexible service counter in the owner's manual. It may be similar on a 2003. On a W208, the flexible service counter is reset as follows:
Attached: rentwreck.JPG (74.1 KB) 
big_mike1979's Avatar big_mike1979 06:14 PM 11-02-2006

Choose your action:

^^that is what i needed..thank u
pinkgoat 06:56 PM 02-27-2007

Choose your action:

That is also what I needed... my first snake-oiling of my Mercedes.
Euge 05:07 AM 02-28-2007

Choose your action:

My local dealership quoted $350 and $600 for A and B service. Crazy.
slybydesign's Avatar slybydesign 08:08 AM 05-14-2007

Choose your action:

you know the sad part about reading is most of what Im reading starts with "Check or Inspect"....followed by additional cost.
Formoque's Avatar Formoque 03:13 AM 05-15-2007

Choose your action:

Euge, that's about right, remember when they change out the plugs you get charged for each plug!!! and all that shit equals up quick!!!
1 2  3  ... Last

Reply Up