Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

German C300s?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Kartergreg 
#1 ·
Are there C300s available in the US that are made in Germany?

Which MB factories make the C300?

#2 ·
No, all US C300's are made at the Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

I believe there are three other plants around the world that make the C300 for other markets: Germany (Bremen or Sindelfingen, can't remember which one), Beijing (China), & East London (South Africa).

#6 ·
The engines and transmissions are still made in Germany and shipped in containers for assembly into vehicles here. All of the stamping and body manufacturing is done here. They make quality cars there in Tuscaloosa. I would recommend a factory tour if you can make it down. The majority of the other world market 205 body cars are made at the South Africa Plant. The majority of the 205 body cars that are still being made in Germany are the AMG and Estate models.

#7 ·
They make quality cars there in Tuscaloosa. I would recommend a factory tour if you can make it down.
Early Alabama production cars had some serious quality control issues. Cars were coming out with sagging sunroof shades, badly fit fuel filler doors, misaligned rear bumper covers, defective MB-Tex vinyl, defective door LED's, defective Continental 18" tires, and assorted fit and finish problems.

The new C-Class is the first sedan to be produced at the Alabama plant, and it uses production techniques new to that facility. Later production has improved significantly, and it looks like MB is working hard to get things sorted out, but early production did not go smoothly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.