Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

LED lighting

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  c4004matic 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have recently purchased a c250 AMG sport with the UK spec premium package. This comes with LED headlamps but I did not upgrade to the intelligent lighting option. Can anyone confirm if visually when looking at the lights they differ in any way? The pics in the brochure show two lit lamps plus the eyebrow but wasn't entriely sure what kind of lights these were. Any pics would be great too. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Quite simple. The adaptive have 2 identical rhomboid lenses of the same size, the upper one actually pivots. The non-adaptive LED s have one rhomboid lens and a second fixed LED lamp

Here is a picture that shows all 3 types of headlamps, the lower, largest one is the adaptive LED.

New 2015 C-Class W205 Has Three Different Headlights [Photo Gallery]

BTW, the adaptive headlights are superb they seem to magically know how much light you need under every condition. Not only do they move around, they also vary in intensity. Best headlights I've ever used and definitely worth the money. I thought our Acura (Honda for you guys) LEDs were excellent, and they are, but these adaptive LEDS are just extraordinary. Another trick up their sleeve, they know if there is fog or snow and lower the intensity of the lights in those conditions, greatly reducing reflected glare that plague our other car's LEDs in the same conditions. They also make fog lights completely unnecessary since their dispersion covers the same low and wide dispersion normally covered by fog lights. Simply the best lights in the market bar none.

#4 ·
I bet they will be fine too they simply wont have the acrobatics of the adaptive ones and thus more similar to our Acura's. As with everything that is simpler they'll probably be more reliable too. There are many "doodas" in this car that worry me as to their longevity but that's what warranties are for :wink For the most part all the optional equipment in my car works as advertised. The only thing that has not been up to expectations has been airmatic. Its a bit more firm in comfort than I expected but that might be an issue of the non runflat tires I'm using. Ill have to wait till spring with the OEM setup to pass a final "ruling" on that. Everything else works as well as promised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.