Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Average Age?

21K views 44 replies 39 participants last post by  Mike_Honcho 
#1 ·
I'm still on the fence about buying a new C63. I wonder at age 55 am I too old to be driving a 454hp car down the block? How old are all of you? If any of you are 50+ did you have any of these thoughts?

#2 ·
If you keep telling yourself your old, you WILL be old! A word of advice, please at the age of 55 just ENJOY YOUR LIFE and get a C63!! I am only 19 and already got a Benz. :D and by the time I am 25 will hopefully have a C63 aswell.

#5 ·
Make that 451HP... and no, you're not too old. It's still a European luxury sedan with an automatic transmission.

#8 ·
I'd say if the worldwide financial meltdown didn't hurt you too badly, and you love to drive, then go for it. I'm in an AMG in my early 40's but I've thought more than once that I might've killed myself if I had all this power in my teens. For the record, I'm a safe driver (no accidents... knock on wood) but you know those teen years...! Yikes.

#10 ·
Hey Patrick, do you live in the Toronto area?? I am also 19, I also got a few Benz C-Class owner guys that would like to meet one day, let me know if your down, a day in the summer time is what we are aiming for. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
I'm a 31-yr old that is picking mine up in 12 days...

I don't think with a sedan there is quite the age-stigma...also, I believe "gray-hairs" get criticized for driving Vetts, Porsches, etc...however, this is a jealous response...

Now, if you are going to drive it around town always under 2500RPMs, then you might as well get the C300/350...but if you are going to get into it...then GO FOR IT!!

#19 ·
I just turned 20, i had a c300 luxury and upgraded to a C63 (no pano roof available though UGH!!!!) but love mah c63. honestly out of all the mercedes we have had between my grandparents and me, i love this mercedes and in my opinion is the best mercedes ever hands down. But dont bother spending all that money on a nice car of your going to keep stock wheels (IN MY OWN OPINION) and i hate when people get the stocks chromed like it makes it look better or somethin. If your going to get a car like that with all those body lines, get some nice wheels to match it and make it stand out, otherwise, it looks just like anyone elses C63. n getting back to the main reason for this post, i dont think anyone is ever old enough to drive any benz, especially in the 21st century. if u can see a 19 year old driving a benz, so can an 55 year old

#23 ·
I'm 31. 2011 black on black C63 AMG. Ever since I purchased this insane machine, my Lotus Elise feels like a little pansy. Love both though!!

#24 ·
im 20, i was 18 when i got mine

#29 ·
Definitely not too old.Matter of fact it makes you look younger lol!!.
I'm 42 and have an ////AMG supercharged CL55. I have owned Merc's over the past 13yrs.My father owned several as well and he always instilled in me the value of a Mercedes. He always said to me,Son someday when you work hard enough you can own ,drive and enjoy your own mercedes, not mine.:D
RIP dad..

#30 ·
Horsepower is the "Fountain of Youth" for some. I'll be 60 this year. And I get the same enjoyment from mine as I did 40 years ago with my brothers '70 Chevelle 450/454 LS6 M22. And I get way better gas mileage/handling with this one.:D

As long as you don't have any physical or mental ailments, and can appreciate the car for what it is, get it, drive it.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers !!

Mike K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.