#1 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post C220 parts !!

Hi i am new in this forum but i have been wondering if i should buy a used mercedes c220 diesel and manual from the uk, what worries me is if the parts and car care are expensive as they say! i am mainly worried about the wear and tear parts that are more likely to be changed ( like brake pads, oil filters etc etc) so if there is anyone out there to tell me if its that much expensive or at least give me an idea of the prices that would be very helpful!!

thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: C220 CDI SLK 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendry View Post
Hi i am new in this forum but i have been wondering if i should buy a used mercedes c220 diesel and manual from the uk, what worries me is if the parts and car care are expensive as they say! i am mainly worried about the wear and tear parts that are more likely to be changed ( like brake pads, oil filters etc etc) so if there is anyone out there to tell me if its that much expensive or at least give me an idea of the prices that would be very helpful!!

thanks!!
if you go shopping for parts at MB dealers you will pay a premium. But OEM parts are available online and if you can wait a couple of days for delivery they will be much cheaper. The C220 CDI is no harder to work on than other vehicles of the same size and any competent mechanic can repair them.

I have a 4 year old c220 and other than a couple of minor failures repaired under warrantee there has been no other problems. Parts such as rotors and pads are the same price as Ford or Vauxhall components
But major components such as engine gearbox tend to be pricy but second hand ones are much cheaper are available if you know where to look
#3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Hi, thanks for your reply, its just that i am a bit worried on keeping the car as best as i can, what about service is it expensive if you do it at mercedes dealer?
#4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Member

They do tend to overcharge at MB but you do get a loaner and free coffee.
I do it myself and it is a very simple job that takes less than an hour.

All that is required is a sump pump and a 76mm 14 section socket to remove the filter. Most of the rest of the service is topping up the fluids and inspecting brakes, tires, belts etc. Every 39,000 miles the gear box oil and filter needs changing. How old/miles is the car you are looking at. Most important is every two years changing brake fluid. If your car is a newer model the service interval is about 15000 miles
#5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
hi, i was looking at a mercedes c220 2009 model and its used so the mileage is between 60 to 80thousand miles, i am also trying to buy it from a mercedes used dealer so i would have a guarantee on rust and maybe a warranty
#6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendry View Post
hi, i was looking at a mercedes c220 2009 model and its used so the mileage is between 60 to 80thousand miles, i am also trying to buy it from a mercedes used dealer so i would have a guarantee on rust and maybe a warranty
At that milage just make sure the gearbox oil and filter has been changed and all the other fluids has been renewed. Should be able to get a good car. The engine should be good for another 200,000 miles service interval will be 9000 miles/ nine months

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W204 C-Class