Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1998 SLK 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
alldatadiy - opinions

Hi All

I don't see any specific reference to the Alldatadiy.com service site but wondering if any of you have subscribed to this and is it worth it. I have a 2009 C300 4matic and want a (non existing) shop manual. Has anyone used Alldata and are you happy with the cpmpleteness of the info for doing more intricate repairs and trouble shooting.

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenoashwaubenon View Post
Hi All

I don't see any specific reference to the Alldatadiy.com service site but wondering if any of you have subscribed to this and is it worth it. I have a 2009 C300 4matic and want a (non existing) shop manual. Has anyone used Alldata and are you happy with the cpmpleteness of the info for doing more intricate repairs and trouble shooting.

Thanks
Mike
I bought one from Ebay but did not received it yet. If you want I can give you some feedback once received. I also got one from Tradebit and was not able to install it yet....

Mercedes Benz Wis EPC Asra 2012 Factory Service Repair Shop Manual All Models | eBay
#3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2008 E320 Bluetec, 1988 560SL totalled unto death). 1980 BMW R100T, 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, 1983 300CD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
alldatadiy

I have subscriptions for my R107, W123 and Dodge pickup.

Good Points:
It is convenient to use and includes a SEARCH function.
It is on-line thus is available at any computer and does not require a disc installation.
Includes flat rate times so you can estimate time to repair or cost to repair if you have work done at a shop.
Identifies factory special tools to do the job. A mixed blessing; it is up to you to jury-rig something else if you don't want to buy the tool.

Bad points:
The photos are terrible. They look like 6th generation reprints.
It can be incomplete in some areas since it is a selected reprint of the factory manual.

There is another level of alldata for professional shops. It is probably much better but I suspect the cost is very much higher.

Bottom line is: I find it useful but another manual on CD or paper is needed for backup. I also have CD manuals and find them more complete but less convenient to use.

Hope this is helpful.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 09:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1996 SL500
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I am doing my best to not start new, tired threads. So I will post here, almost a year later. (I got the message lynns)

Anyway I am searching the procedure for changing the poly V-Belt on the M119.982 - I am doing a Google Search and get this from alldatadiy :-) (I put in bold the part that struck my funny bone.

Timing Belt Repair & Diagrams for your 1996 SL 500 (129.067) V8-5.0L (119.982)
Get the most accurate Timing Belt Repair Information, including Diagrams in our Online Service Repair Manual
It's important to stay well-informed about your 1996 SL 500 (129.067) - and especially important for DIY types to have accurate timing belt repair and diagrams.

Make
Model SL 500 (129.067)
Year 1996
Engine V8-5.0L (119.982)

ALLDATA gives you all available timing belt repair diagrams, updated four times a year to meet changing factory service and repair information. We are the industry's leading source of online factory Diagnostic and Repair Information used by 200,000+ automotive technicians everyday. You can subscribe to our interactive, online 1996 SL 500 (129.067) manual for $26.95 for one year or $44.95 for five full years.

I'm wondering if the M119 has a timing belt now - Because alldata really researches this, don't they?
#5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2012
I'll echo what others have said here. I got some promo in my email so I tried it. Its ok I guess, I use it more for specs, capacities, fluid types, etc.; more or less a reference guide. TSBs are pretty decent. If you can find someone who has OnDemand, by Mitchell, that's the way to go.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W204 C-Class