Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Universal Media Interface retrofit

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  William Alexander 
#1 ·
I own a 2009 with the multimeida package. Its the command w/Nav and logic stereo flip up scrteen and evrything however it doesn't have the media interface where you can see the iPod/iphones songs and menus.

I heard a retrofit is out there that can make it possible to have the media interface installed. Also I would get the media interface plus to take advantage of all of its benefits. I mainly want bluetooth streaming and the ability to access menus and playlists on the flip up screen.

Is there anybody who can help me with any info or point me in the right direction? I live in NYC and if there's anybody who knows anybody who offers this in the try state area, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

#4 ·
iPod amplifier Part No. A204 870 3994. The volume will be down 6dB or more vs. normal CD input without it. As for install costs, if a dealer has one in stock insist on a discount, as there is now not too much demand for this unit.

Once installed, run the iPod at Volume "8" and EQ set on "Pop" for best reproduction. The 6th generation iPod Classic has the best quality output, and recommended is to ONLY use Apple lossless encoding and NO MP3's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.