Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pre-certified checklist

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MB-SV 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2009 C300. At the dealership, after signing the papers, somebody was showing me how to use the car properly. I randomly pushed in the cigarette lighter but it was already stuck inside. They popped it back out for me and said if it wasn't working I could get it serviced when I had to come back to pick up my plates. I didn't think it was a biggie because I don't smoke and I wouldn't use it anyway, however, nothing I plug into the cigarette lighter works, i.e. my car cell phone charger. I tried with two different ones that I know work with the one inside my glove compartment.

I still don't really consider it a huge deal but I looked it up and the cigarette lighter was on the checklist for pre-certified used Mercedes Benz. If mine wasn't working when it was supposed to be "checked" during the laborious process of pre-certifying vehicles that they sold me on, I can only start to wonder what else they forget/neglect to do?

:confused::(

#2 ·
I recently purchased a 2009 C300. At the dealership, after signing the papers, somebody was showing me how to use the car properly. I randomly pushed in the cigarette lighter but it was already stuck inside. They popped it back out for me and said if it wasn't working I could get it serviced when I had to come back to pick up my plates. I didn't think it was a biggie because I don't smoke and I wouldn't use it anyway, however, nothing I plug into the cigarette lighter works, i.e. my car cell phone charger. I tried with two different ones that I know work with the one inside my glove compartment.

I still don't really consider it a huge deal but I looked it up and the cigarette lighter was on the checklist for pre-certified used Mercedes Benz. If mine wasn't working when it was supposed to be "checked" during the laborious process of pre-certifying vehicles that they sold me on, I can only start to wonder what else they forget/neglect to do?
When I picked up my C350 from the dealership, it had just finished the CPO inspection/process. As I did a walk around of the vehicle, I noticed the tech had mounted the wrong wheels and tires on the wrong axles! As you probably know, the C350 has a staggered setup, and they had the rear wheels and tires on the front and vice versa. The checklist is only as good as the tech completing it. I would like to think all the critical items are accomplished, but you really never know!

#3 ·
I think the CPO inspection is a joke. I recently purchased a CPO 2009 C300 Sport with 44,000 miles. First there was no washer fluid in the car which is no big deal. Second, no one mentioned to me that the wheels were not the correct ones as they were from a luxury model. I did not realize there was a difference until I looked on the data plate inside the door to check for proper tire pressure and noticed the size did not match. Third, and this is the big one, after owning the car for less than one month, I noticed the engine knocking upon startup. The engine had to be removed and the main bearings replaced. Other than the additional warranty, the CPO inspection is useless in my opinion.

#4 ·
The CPO checklist is worth much less than the CPO warranty IMO.

The Mercedes CPO inspection process is weak compared to Lexus CPO's from what I've seen and experienced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.